Monday, April 27, 2009

Anna turns 3!

Well believe it or not, Miss Anna Grace turned 3 years old on Friday, April 24, 2009. Listen to what she has to say.



I first want to stop an send out a thanks to my mom, sister, mother-in-law, and wonderful husband for all their help "getting the party started", I guess you could say. My mom came up and mopped my floors for me. Yeah! Chad took care of the yard as usual. Looked beautiful. Kelli took care of the transformation of the office to somewhat Anna's room upstairs and Barbara vacuumed for me. Thank you all so much! I love you all.

The Birthday Girl!



We had a wonderful time. It was so much fun. We celebrated ALL weekend long. Isn't that what you are suppose to do? I worked for the most part on Friday and Anna got to go home with Nonna and Sissy, while I went to get the cake, plus a few more odds and ends. Sissy came home with us and we planted flowers, blew bubbles that Mrs. Shelia gave her for a gift, and swung on the swing set. The girls had a great time and Chad and I enjoyed watching them and taking a break from the week we had had.

Saturday morning the girls slept in and I started getting ready for the kiddo party at 11:00. The guest began to arrive and we were excited to see and have Kristen and Cade Parramore join us in our festivities. That is one cute little boy Kristen. Thanks for coming and Anna thanks you for the princess gifts.

Anna had Sissy of course, Miss Emma Beard and Mr. Jordan Jarvis as guests. Emma brought baby brother Noah as well. It was funny to watch Anna interact with the babies. I'm afraid I may have my hands full. She kept taking the toys away from Cade. She has told us three or four times since the party that she took the baby's fire truck away. Remember Anna in your prayers that she adjust well when baby brother arrives.

Do Meteorologist really know what they are talking about?

I say that with a smile on my face. We were expecting a warm, scratch that, in a pregnant state of mind a HOT day with lots of sunshine. We got everything together, tablecloth on picnic table under the canopy, presents outside, the kids were loving the swing set and out of no where a huge clap of thunder sounded. So it didn't take us long to move everything back inside. Ahh! The stress of a mother trying to throw the perfect party. It just sprinkled off and on, so I'm thankful. The kids did get to go outside and jump on the jumper and of course play bubbles. I think they had a great time.

What do you think?





Here is a group shot of the kids at the party. Emma, Jordan, Kenli, Anna



We had to eat lunch inside, but we did get to have cake and ice cream and presents outside. It was so funny, you all know how Anna is all about some cake.



Well Jordan is all about some blowing out the candles. So.... as you can imagine, we were not half way through Happy Birthday! When.....



you guessed it. Jordan blew out the candles and Anna was not happy. Look at this reaction.



I'm laughing just looking at it again. Look at poor Jordan looking at his mom, like what did I do.

We ended up singing Happy Birthday again, so Anna could blow the candles out. Look how she is not letting anyone get close to those candles.



We did sing Happy Birthday, like four times so Jordan and Emma could blow the candles out as well. We are making a mental note to serve cupcakes with individual candles in them for each kiddo next year.

She loved all her presents as well. I think her daddy surprised her with a big girl bike. I wish you could have heard her scream.





We had a really great time and thank everyone for coming!

After everyone left, Anna and I took a much needed nap and then we were ready for Party #2! The family party....

No comments:

Post a Comment