Thursday, April 16, 2009

1st Trip to the Dentist

Today Anna went to the dentist. She was pretty excited. I'm sure it was because she didn't really know what a dentist does.



I went first and she watched in amusement. They gave her a coloring sheet to color. She colored it really well, but she was more intrigued with what they were doing with her mommy's teeth. It was her turn next.

She is getting a little nervous....

No, I've changed my mind. I'm not doing that...

Okay mommy, if you say so, but why do I have to wear this...

I'm not happy about this at all, plus these sunglasses make me look silly.
They gave her sunglasses to keep the light from being in her eyes.

Ms. Nikki, will you please stop counting my teeth? Please!!
She has 20 teeth. They didn't tell me if that was good or bad, I'll say good. :)

That does not look like my Elmo toothbrush.
Poor thing looks scared to death in this one. She didn't much care for the cleaning of the back teeth. Everything else was okay. She also didn't like the spit vacuum. Ms. Nikki had to wipe her mouth out each time.

All Done...

Doctor Moseley came in to check for cavities. We were both good in that department. He really bragged about how pretty her teeth were. I'm so glad, that for now she has straight teeth. Anna was glad to get out of that chair. He said to continue to do what we have been doing. Anna left that place with a balloon, Dora Toothbrush, Sponge bob Toothpaste, Sunglasses, colors, a ring, and a sticker. She then wanted to go to the bakery for a cupcake. They were out so she settled for a mini chocolate donut and a sprinkle cookie instead.

Today Anna especially looks like her daddy. Everywhere we went, people said, man she looks just like her dad. I'm glad because for the longest, she looked just like me and I know that hurt his feelings when people said that. All in all we had a great time for our first trip to the dentist. Next time maybe a different story.

We want to tell dad, we are proud of his big 24lb turkey, with the 1 1/4 inch spurs he killed this morning. We can't wait for you to come home. Be careful and we love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment