Monday, April 13, 2009

Where to begin?

Okay, I'm just going to let you know, this is a long post.

A lot has happened in this past week. First, Miss Anna became really sick on Wednesday.



She was running fever and just laid around all morning. That afternoon, mom and I took her to the doctor. He said she had a slight pink throat, not red, but just pink. He is treating her for Strep Throat, but we did not do a strep test. We didn't get to see our normal pediatrician, we saw Dr. Callaway instead. He was really great with Anna and purple dog (her stuffed animal). I told him that she was NOT a good medicine taker, but he assured me that this medicine was orange flavored and did not have a bad taste to it. Obviously, he has not tried it lately.

The fight was on.....Remember how I told you in the Poop in the Potty post how strong willed she was, well she is just as strong willed when it comes to medicine. In fact I think she is worst!!!! Anna has been GREAT ever since she came her. No problems, ate well, slept well, but guess what SHE DOES NOT TAKE MEDICINE WELL! I stayed home with her on Thursday and called the doctor back to see if a pill might work. Chad and I thought we might could get a pill down her better since the liquid was just ending up in her hair or back on the floor, (if you know what I mean). We got the pill and it did not work either. What was I thinking? Try to put your fingers in an almost 3 years old mouth. Ha! I would get the pill in there and you would think that you would just naturally swallow. NOT Anna! Here it came back up on her lips. I finally think it dissolved and she may have gotten a tiny bit in her. I'm exhausted just replaying it as I type. My mom said Anna acts just like her Aunt Lynn times 2 or 4. Thanks Aunt Lynn! I told my mom that my sister Kelli needed to try to give it to her. Because, #1 Nonna (aka Kelli) is number 1 to Anna, #2 Kelli has raised just about every type of kid around, (since she has been babysitting since she was 11 until she finished college with her teaching degree), so I figured she could do it right??

WRONG!!! She said she has never seen a kid refuse medicine like Miss Anna does. We finally tricked her sorta. Since she was so upset with Kelli and me, amazing Kenli, said here Anna do you want juice? (the medicine was dissolved in the juice) She drank it, no questions asked. Ahhh! So I thought we had a plan and Kenli could just give it to her. You guessed it! It did not work Saturday at all. She was not falling for that again. So needless to say, aggravated, upset, and Why God will she not take this medicine? was just a little of how I was feeling. It's been awhile since I've cried but believe me it was worth crying over. I decided Saturday night, that I would crush 1/2 of the 1/2 pill very fine, dissolve it in a tiny bit of water over night and mix it with her morning milk. So far so good, I'm sure 1/4 of the pill a day is not near as effective and 1/2 but we will finish all the medicine. Which leads me to my next point?

WHY HASN'T SOME MOTHER OUT THERE DEVELOPED A NON TASTING AND FUN WAY TO TAKE MEDICINE? ONE IN WHICH THE CHILD DOESN'T EVEN KNOW SHE IS TAKING MEDICINE. AHH!!! THAT WILL BE THE DAY

Our next trip to the doctor, I'm not leaving until we have a shot. As mean as that may sound, hello, it will only sting for a minute.

Throughout this whole ordeal, I do have to thank God that Anna is as healthy as she is. That I don't have to go through this day in and day out. There are far more kids out there that are very sick. That have to take medicine 3 or 4 times a day. Their poor parents. My heart aches for all them. Take for instance, my friend, Traci. Here she is 2 weeks due before me and they had to take her baby at 30 weeks because she developed HELLPS. As of today, they are doing okay, but my goodness, I go on and on about Anna refusing medicine and here she is could possibly loose her child and her life. Please pray for her. Then there is baby Stellan and Zoe. Stellan has to have medicine around the clock. His mother's faith is so strong. She is so encouraging. Zoe, 4 years old, will be starting her 2nd round of chemo this week. Check out their updates on the left sidebar. Please pray for them as well.

Like I said, where to begin.... Friday night Kenli came home with us. She stayed with us all day Saturday. It was such a nice day. We didn't get out of the house much because the wind was so strong. In fact the girls stayed in there PJs all day long. Anna and Kenli played but then Anna tired out and she slept most of the afternoon on my bed. Kenli played on the computer and I stayed in the kitchen, boiling eggs to dye, making cookies, feeling the nice breeze blow through my kitchen windows and just thanking God for the blessings he has given my family. After Anna woke up, she and Kenli, iced LEMON Cookies and put sprinkles on them. Yum! I can taste them now. We also made peanut butter cookies, double yum! I wish I had one now.







Then we dyed Easter eggs. That was fun! Only one mess, Anna spilled yellow dye all on Kenli. I threw her pants in the washer so maybe the dye came out. I didn't look when I tossed them in the dryer. The eggs turned out super cute. See!







Easter morning here was wet and nasty. Anna looked precious in her Easter dress although she told me it hurt. She is sorta moody from being sick. I told her let's take a picture and she forgot the complaint.


Mimi made her hair bow, which got a lot of compliments at church.

Anna got the camera and she took a few picture of her favorite things. I asked her what was she taking picture of she said purple dog, T, ball, and tri-cycle. See!







Too funny. We did pose for a second and let dad take a picture of us.



He came to church with us later. Thanks daddy!

Anna was the only one I had for Sunday School. We had finished our lesson and she was sitting there and started singing Jesus Loves Me! I thought I was recording it, but I wasn't. I got her to do some of it again. In the middle she says she wants to play with the toys and that was that. Go for it sister. We will try to get the whole song later.


That afternoon, we went to Leslie's house for dinner and an "indoor" Easter egg hunt. Anna was so excited to go to Jayce's house. She even started eating there. Asked for seconds on the ham. yeah! The first signs of feeling better. She found a lot of eggs with candy in them. She also found the grand egg that had $1.00 in it. She had a little help, but hey, she is the youngest. for now.... She found some bubbles and asked GG to blow them. He said, "will you take your medicine," she said, "Don't blow it GG." Smart Girl!





We came home and opened our Easter basket from Mom and Dad and Mimi and Pawpaw. Her favorite is this singing pig. It sings My Girl! She played it so much last night I feel like she will be asking me to sing that song to her when she goes to sleep, along with the other 5. That will be okay with me.

The Easter basket were really neat. It was a fund raiser the Bearden school put on to raise money for new playground equipment. $15.00 for a huge bag of books, stuff animal, candy, and a few toys. I mean like 6 to 8 books. It was well worth $30.00.



I hope you all had a happy Easter as well.

As for an Anna update. Today she is feeling better. She started laughing on our way to Mamaw's house. She told me her daddy was silly. She also said momma I miss you. She's not said anything like that in days. She was also a little mischievous when I went to put her socks on her. She keep trying to keep me from getting them on. I'm glad to have my old Anna somewhat back.

As for a sadder note, my great uncle Elmer, passed away this morning. He lived a long life well into his 90s. Just remember Aunt Ruby, (his wife) and their children, and grandchildren as they deal with his passing.

I think we finally made it to the end of this Where to begin post?

PS Still no names for baby brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment