Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Baby Brother Update

Here is a quick update about Baby Brother (AKA) still has no name. I headed back to the doctor today, May 6. The visit prior to this was was my sugar test visit plus routine visit. He then put me on every two weeks.

Wow! Kinda puts things in perspective huh! The weeks are counting down and he will be here before we know it. Soon I'll be posting about the days are counting down. I'm feeling great. Getting a little tired in the afternoons, but since my mom and dad live so close, I go over there at lunch to take TRY to take a nap.

Anna thinks she needs to give me kisses and cover me up about every 30 seconds or so. So sweet.

My sugar test came back perfect and I am so relieved. I've had a few pains here and there, but nothing major to speak of. No swelling yet, just a small HUGE issue with HEAT. I told Chad he better just dress in thermal under ware, but DON'T TOUCH THE THERMOSTAT.

I continue to drink water like a camel. I also make very frequent trips to the potty room. So far, I'm resting pretty good at night. Chad says I snore like a man. I've tried the breathe right nasal strips. They work pretty good, then I bought the cheap ones and they are not so good. I've also offered him with the bed upstairs and the sofa. Love you babe. :) Why do we snore more when we are with child? Hmm!

Dr. Ratcliff says things look and sound great, so I guess I will be checking in with him in another two weeks.

Each day we prepare a little more for his arrival. I think we are getting closer on a name. Yeah! I can't wait to post that. He is so active. He is turning flips in there. I bought a coming home outfit today. What do you think?



Anna decided to take a picture of me. This is my kind of picture.


She loves the camera. She stayed with Mimi today while I was gone and she is running low on fuel.



She refuses to sleep for Mimi. We all have been up since around 4 this morning. It has rained so hard here. I liked to have not got out of our driveway. I wish I would have grabbed the camera when I left. I thought about it but walked right out without it. It was horrible horrible driving conditions today. But with the grace of God looking over us we made it to and from safely.

My friend Karla at worked shared this recipe with us a few weeks ago. Yummy! Let me tell you it is amazing what you can do with a cake mix. I'm sure mine will not taste like hers, but I attempted it off the top of my head. Here it is, if the chocolate monster attacks.



1 butter cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 c oil
1 pkg chocolate chips

Mix together, put on greased cookie sheet. Bake. Now I had to bake mine for 16 minutes at 350, but you may want to just watch yours.

More post to come with changes to our house and of course the answer to the question we hear daily....Do you have a name yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment