Friday, May 22, 2009

SWAHA Lake Greeson, Arkansas

We celebrated Chad's 33rd birthday this past weekend at Lake Greeson. It was so nice. We rented a cabin at the SWAHA lodge & marina. It was very relaxing and we all had a great time. We met Brian & Misti Eudy there and Kelli, GG, Michael, Kenli, & Destiny all came along with us. The cabin was just the right size. It was 3 bedroom with 2 full bathrooms and an open kitchen, dining, and living area. The couch let out to a sofa bed and we brought an air mattress as well. There was a huge wrap around porch and since the water level was SO high, we had a view of the lake as well. As most of you know, the weatherman once again predicted glorious rain for the entire weekend. Bummer, but we went out like troppers anyway. We arrived Friday evening and enjoyed grilled hamburgers and chips on the deck. After getting everyone settled in, we all turned in for the night. Brian & Misti in one room, GG & Michael, in one room, me and Chad in the other room, and Kelli had the living room with all the girls. I think all the adults were awaken by hail hitting the roof at 4:30 that morning. Ahh! Looks like the weatherman was right again. Good thing we brought card games and the wii. However, we never could get the wii hooked up to the tv.

But luck was in our favor. Kelli & I fixed breakfast and by 10:30 the skies had cleared and we were in the water. Well we were on the boat. Crazy as it may sound we were pratcially the only ones on the lake. Let me show you why.

This is the Big Dam, from the lake view...



and this is the Big Dam from the road.



Here are some trees. If we got close enough I think we could have touched the tops.



High waters or low there was still no stopping Miss Anna from swimming. Misti knew for sure that as soon as she got in the water she would not want to stay there. NOT ANNA! She has been dreaming of this day ever since we put the boat "night night" last year. Day after day she would ask, "Anna go swimming in the lake?, Anna go in the boat?" and we would reply, "Not yet you will freeze your butt off."

READY?



SET?



GO?


So I ask, "Anna are you cold?" she replied, "I freeze my butt off!" "Do you want out?, she replied, "No, I'm swimming!" So in and out she went. Each time a little further from the ladder. Chad put his wet suit on and got in to play with her.



He said it was too cold. We let her play a little longer then she got out and did a little dance for us.

Sorry it is sideways, I thought I could flip it.



Kelli, Kenli, Anna, and I went back to the cabin around 3 and we drove into Murfreesboro to meet Mimi and Paw. They were in the area and we wanted them to see the cabin, so hopefully after Baby Brother arrives we can go back and "camp". Misti & Brian boiled shrimp and crab legs for us. Yummy! Thanks Eudy's! We had a wonderful sunshine day and we enjoyed the company of our friends and family.

Sunday morning we awoke to a very very chilly morning, even for a 32 week pregnant woman. We ate breakfast, loaded the car, and we headed home. Anna and Chad were exhausted, but it was a nice exhaustion. They took a nap and I got caught up on Grey's Anatonmy and gave myself a much needed pedicure.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the weekend!











As for a baby brother update, well...
I went to the doctor Wednesday, May 20. He said things looked great. Great blood pressure, good heart beat, come back in two weeks. I said, hey, but I'm having some pains. Good he said that is suppose to happen. Ahh! So I go back in two weeks.

But........ WE DO HAVE A NAME!!!!! YEAH!!!! SO BE SURE TO CHECK THE BLOG IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO, IT WILL BE REVEALED.

PS Those of you who are Kris Allen fans. Go to http://www.kellyskornerblog.com Go to her Friday's post, entitled American Idol, May 22. Watch the video and read what she found out below. I have to agree with her 100%. Thanks Kelly for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment