Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Visit to the Doctor

Today, Wednesday, July 1, I visited the doctor again. I knew for sure today that I would be admitted either right then or first thing in the morning. Sorry, not today!

I told the nurse that I was ready and prepared to have the baby today if he would let me. I heard her tell Dr. Ratcliff what I said and he replied with a chuckle. He checked me and I've reached a 2. I've had several contractions before reaching the doctor's office. He asked me on a level from 1 to 10 which number described how miserable I was. I replied with a 11. No sympathy here. He said well we don't want the baby to get too big. I asked what he thought too big was and he said well not much bigger than your first, which was 8 lbs 11 1/2 oz. He said I'll tell you what, if you don't come during the weekend, then come in Sunday night, I'll give you something that will help speed your labor and we will start first thing Monday morning.

I asked, was he going to be around this weekend, if I were to go on my own. He said he had no plans and just have the nurses call him, even though he is not on call.

Since leaving the doctor's office my emotions have been on edge. It doesn't take much to make me cry. I couldn't even call people with the outcome of the visit, I just sent a text instead.

I found out that one of my sisters can not be there Monday because of a workshop that she can not miss. I'm just trying to make everyone happy and things don't seem to be going my way. I feel depressed and of course hot.

I'm tired and tired of worrying when is this actually going to take place. I just knew last night that today would be the day because I took Tuesday off, well sorta, and got all my errands ran. Anna went home with Kelli aka Nonna and spent the night. Chad and I had a nice evening together despite the storm that had us sitting on pins. I had a pedicure and I got my hair cut this morning.

Everything in place, just need a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment