Sunday, July 5, 2009

I have arrived!



Here he is Mr. Collin Brooks Weatherly. Born on the 4th of July, weighing in at 9 lbs and 9 oz and is 22 inches long. He entered the world at 12:22 p.m. to meet his Big Sister Anna and his mom and dad.




On July 3rd, Chad, Anna, and I and Kelli's family all took a trip to Hot Springs. We did a lot of walking in the mall and at Lowe's and then had a wonderful meal at Cajun Boilers. Yum!

I guess it all paid off. I woke up around 4:30 with a back pain and laid there to see if there would be another contraction to follow. Around 4:45 I got up out of bed and my water broke. Wow! It was really happening. I call mom, Kelli, and Chad's mom. Chad's mom and dad came over to sit with Anna until Kelli got there.

We were not even out of Fordyce and we met Kelli coming in, man she must have drove fast. My contractions were anywhere between 3 to 5 minutes apart. We arrived in plenty of time.

I reached a 5 and received my epidural. Undoubtedly, my body doesn't accept them well. I was so excited and was feeling absolutely no pain and then when the contractions were at there worse, I felt everything. Oh my! Anna was a big help she fed me ice cubes (while I was feeling no pain).




The nurse said that some people's bodies, just don't adjust to them and their nerves get the best of them. I suppose so because in 45 minutes he had arrived. Thank you Lord!

Anna also needed to checked me out (as she says) when I got to my room. She is so sweet.







We are at home and we are all doing great. I'm sore but I feel 10 times better than I did with Anna. I could not get my blood pressure under control then and this time everything went into place.

Collin is beautiful and doing so well. Anna is doing great too. She think she can do it all herself so we are really having to watch her close. In fact, at the hospital she was sitting next to me and was holding Collin and she said no mama I do it myself, leave me alone. Please pray for all of us!




We are so thankful that Collin arrived when he did. Everyone was able to there and we are back home and enjoying our new arrival.

1 comment:

  1. We are soooo happy for you all! Can't wait to meet him.
    Glad you are feeling ok this time.

    ReplyDelete