Thursday, March 19, 2009

Princess, PJs & Pizza

Anna Grace loves her Princess PJs. We come home and if she hasn't stayed in them all day, she ask for her Jams. Monday night we decided to order Pizza.



She LOVES cheese pizza and not to mention it helps mommy out for the evening. I think Anna stayed in her jams most of the day so that department was already complete. We ate our dinner and then decided to make Daddy's favorite Lemon cookies.



We were going to cut them into Shamrocks for St. Patrick's Day but the cookie cutter I had was plastic and didn't work to well.



We just made round ones with green icing. Yummy! Anna was in charge of the sprinkles. She is getting really good at that and stirring the dough.



Here is the recipe if you ever have a taste for the Best Lemon Cookies ever. They remind me of the Jackson Lemon Cookies when I was a little girl. They are so soft they just melt in your mouth. Yumm! Yumm! Yumm!

1 Box of Lemon Cake Mix (I use Pillsbury, the recipe is on the side)
1/3 c oil
2 eggs
Hand mix above ingredients together. Form into 1 inch round balls. Take a glass and and dip it in regular sugar then flatten the balls to about 1/4 inch cookie shape.
I think the oven temp is 350, but double check the box for sure. I bake my cookies for 7 minutes, then let them rest for 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet.
Icing
1 c powder sugar
2 TBSP of lemon juice
1 TBSP of water or milk
add food coloring if desired Mixed well. Spread on cool cookies and add sprinkles if you wish.

We had a lot of fun!

Baby Brother on the other hand is becoming very active. He loves to kick and move around. It is so funny. However, if you put your hand down on my tummy to feel him, he will stop. I guess he is shy. Chad finally got a chance yesterday morning to feel his Son move around. We still don't have any names. We are taking suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment