Tuesday, January 22, 2013

If God will answer this prayer....

What does HE have in store for me?

As you may know things are very stressful for me and my family. I've always prayed. I don't think I ever really prayed correctly until maybe now. I'm sure I still don't have it down, but I've become a more faithful prayer.

I prayer for my mom and healing for her weary body daily. I pray for protection of my family. I pray for financial guidance and a lot of other things.

I often wonder if it is necessary to pray for the same thing daily. Sometime I may leave something off, in fear as it may become a more routine prayer than and actual prayer from the heart.

Today our dog ran off and I know what this dog means to Chad. I'm also aware of how much stress he is under and adding the factor of a lost dog too it, just isn't how I want to end my day. So I called for Jeb and I called for Jeb and I called for Jeb. Still nothing.

So I stopped and prayed. Lord, please let this dog come home before Chad gets home from work. Lord, I know he doesn't need the extra stress. Please send him home. Amen!

So I called for Jeb and called for Jeb and called for Jeb. Still nothing, and then 5 minutes before Chad gets home, here comes Jeb.

Praise The Lord! And I prayed again thanking for sending Jeb home! And then it occurred to me. If He will send my dog home. Just what will He answer if I pray. I know that He Answers prayers on His timing, but it RESTORED my faith to PRAY for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment