Sunday, January 16, 2011

Life Lessons

This week was a week of trail and era. I've learned so much and it is so funny, I thought I was grown and pretty much "knew" just about everything about work and life in general. Boy was I wrong. This week I let my emotions get the best of me. I should have separated my family life from my work life. I failed at this. I put my family first. I was looking out for them for they are the ones who will ALWAYS be there for me.

After getting home I realize that I had not separated my family from my work and I needed to go and tell a friend, who I took my emotions out on. I needed her to understand where I was coming from and why I got so upset. Chad told me just to let it lie and not to worry about it. It was better if I kept my mouth shut. I wish I would listened to him, but I thought I was doing the right thing to explain and to apologize.

So I went to this friend and told her that I needed her to understand how I was feeling and why I got upset, because that is what your suppose to be able to do with a friend, Right? Wrong! You see I learned that you can only explain to those who chose to listen. It was clear by the second sentenced that my "friend" was clearing NOT wanting to listen. In fact it was clear that I had been "told on" to the office manager, when he came running out to let me know if anyone had a problem with this then they can take it up with him.

Now back to the beginning I was there to apologize not to start anything. So at that point, I pretty much felt like I was back in high school. That I had been told on to the teacher for hurting someones feelings, that I had been reprimanded for something that I was there to fix. Yeah, a little betrayed. It pretty much sucks.

I found out that there obviously this friend had issues with me far beyond this matter and they all came out, in a matter of 10 minutes.

So what did I learn from this.

1. Listen to your husband
2. Doing right is not always the right thing
3. Never trust anyone

No comments:

Post a Comment